National Leadership Elections 23-24
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Question for Xena Empty Question for Xena

Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:39 pm
The topic of Zeta chapters' return has been in the air, as a Zeta alumna, how would you ensure their are no biasedness or favoritism? How would you educate members on hazing to avoid a repeat of history?
Guest User

Question for Xena Empty Question for Xena

Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:14 pm
As someone who I believe was active at Zeta around the time of the chapter was shut down, do you not believe it to be a conflict of interest to apply for this position during the year when they are eligible for recharter? Would you be one of the members who otherwise would not be allowed to participating in them coming back, and if so, how do you plan to ensure that they have support yet you still keep the appropriate distance from their process?
Xena

Question for Xena Empty Response #1

Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:00 am
Hi!
When it comes to the re charter of Zeta, I have the experience with Beta's re charter to reference. An anti hazing training was provided to all sisters that were interested in being involved, if you did not complete the training, you could not be involved. I feel this can continue for all future re charter processes. We can also provide this training to re charter members. If elected, I will review the current charter education process and see where we can insert an anti hazing training/ have more conversation on this.
The option to be involved with Zeta's re charter process is open to all sisters in good standing/ active alum. What I can do is ensure this information is widely shared and send reminders to ensure all sisters have a chance to be involved. From my understanding, VP of Intake will be assisting CMEO with correspondence with the charter groups. To diminish the biasedness/ favoritism, I will keep VP of Intake involved in all communication to ensure we have a fair re charter process.
Xena

Question for Xena Empty Response #2

Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:16 am
Hi!

I was initiated Spring 2017 and graduated Spring 2019. The Zeta Chapter shut down took place in 2020. I was not an active sister at Zeta at the time. I have no sanctions and so I have been able to hold a leadership position at the national level since graduation. I also am eligible to be involved with assisting the re charter process. If elected, I will only hold this position from Fall 2023 to Spring 2024. Zeta is eligible to return in Fall 2024 (if approved by the university/ all requirements met) I do not feel this is a conflict of interest. The reason I applied for CMEO is because I have such a great passion for KDCHI and wanted to share this on a bigger level. I love being able to share my KDCHI experiences because KDCHI has given me so much. As charters, it is important to have a great support system and I feel I can provide a good base for this.
Along with this, I would love to provide the proper training to the Charter Education Team to ensure all sisters are receiving the best KDCHI experience. I will need to have a good relationship with our CME/CMEAs. Putting the fact that I'm Zeta Alum aside, this position needs to be filled by someone who is organized, available, passionate, and overall understanding.
Sponsored content

Question for Xena Empty Re: Question for Xena

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum